Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Provo MTC Week 5

Hello everyone!

This is my last week in the MTC, and my last P-Day here! I'm pretty pumped about that. Dad I forgot Haley was turning in her papers, that's so awesome! I think I heard something about it a few weeks ago. Let me know where she gets called!  I miss you all so much! That's cool you all could go support Dallin. I've been thinking back on my friend group this week quite a bit, and I am convinced my group of friends really was something special. Our little group of friends has more missionaries out in the field or leaving soon than anyone else I've talked to here, even people from big Utah high schools like Davis. I'm really grateful I grew up with such sharp people around me. I said good-bye to Ralph this last Sunday at dinner. Sunday nights the schedule is a little different, so I actually found Alex and Ralph at dinner and talked to them for a while. It was really fun to catch up. I will definitely look for Philip tomorrow! I also see Kenny about every day. His classroom is actually down the hall from mine! They group the French and Island districts all on the same floor in the same building right in the middle of campus (4M is the building number).



Let's see, what's new. This last Friday we got our flight plans! We fly out next Monday morning.  We should be in Tahiti by 9pm Tahitian time, which is midnight your time, or 1am Utah time.  This last Wednesday I hosted new missionaries. That was a ton of fun. Basically a host waits at the curb of the MTC where people drop off their missionaries. Then we show them to the main building where they get their name tag and meal card, then we take them to the bookstore, their residence, and then their classrooms. Andrea, remember the host that took our picture when you dropped me off? That's what I did this week. It's weird being the older, experienced missionary around campus. Everyone who comes in their first day looks so young!

Last night we had a cool experience. One of our teacher's, Frere Pistorius, is a really great guy. He went to Canada (French speaking) on his mission. We were supposed to start studying French for the last half hour of class before gym time, but instead we all started asking him questions about missions, life, etc. He ended up just talking about his mission and then sharing his testimony and talking about how to make your mission a sacred experience. It was a pretty spiritual bonding moment. 

Also, this week I have really come to love personal study. I bought a little notebook, about the same size as my quad, and have started taking notes on things I find interesting during my daily reading of the Book of Mormon. I read the whole book of Mosiah this week. I love everything in it! The Abinadai chapters are super cool. When you take time to write stuff down you get so much more out of scripture study. I feel the Spirit everyday while studying now. 

Today was good. We did initiatories in the temple this morning, so we had a little bit more time than normal afterwards. We came back, ate, did laundry, took a picture of our crocs (which we're all wearing right now), then ate lunch, went and got a haircut (which I also have a picture of), and now are emailing! Fun stuff. P Day rules.  I can't wait to pack and leave for Tahiti! 

Avec l'amour,

Orometua Barlow

P.S. I really don't know what scripture I would want on the plaque... I love so many! Mosiah chapters 15 and 26 are legit. Go read 26:20-39. Also, think of the temple when you read 26:24. Cool cool cool. As far as a scripture for my plaque, I really like parts of Helaman 5:9-11. "yea, remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world.(10) ...the Lord surely should come to redeem his people, but that he should not come to redeem them in their sins, but to redeem them from their sins. (11) And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance; therefore he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringeth unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the salvation of their souls."

Have a great week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment