Monday, August 15, 2016

August encore

Hello family!
This week blew by. It was filled with activities and things I don't normally do, so it seemed quicker than normal.

Monday was P-day of course. Then Tuesday morning we went to the temple in Papeete. That took up most of the morning. I love going to the temple, so peaceful! Tuesday afternoon was a normal work day in our sector. At our faatamaaraa Tuesday night we ate with the members and we found a new investigator! A family friend was with the members that night and we invited him to take the lessons. He said okay. We did several lessons this week and he came to church yesterday! Woo hoo! Super potential. Anyways...

Tuesday night I went down to the house at Papara and went on split with Elder P in the sector of Maraa! It was great to spend time with the missionaries in our zone. There's 4 missionaries who live in the house at Papara. Overall in our zone there are 16 missionaries on Tahiti, 11 Elders and 5 sisters (two three-person companionships), and 4 missionaries out in the Marqueses Islands (super far away). Voilà. So all day Wednesday I was biking around the sector of Maraa with Elder P and we did work! It was great. I tried to help him see how to engage investigators to get baptized, come to church, etc. He said some of the investigators we had taught came to church yesterday! Yay! It was a good split.

Wednesday night I got back into my sector/house. Thursday morning we woke up early and went back into Papeete (Elder S and me). There was the monthly mission leadership meeting for all the zone leaders and sister training leaders at President's house. It was most of the day and consisted of formations, trainings, brief reports on the zones, and a lunch of delicious home made hamburgers! (shout out to american bbq) Thursday night we did one or two lessons in our sector, then went to bed!

Friday I woke up not feeling so hot. I went on a run in the morning, and felt really tired. After showering and doing our studies, I felt even worse. Really achy and fatigued all over. I went to our zone meeting at the chapel just next to our house, but before the meeting even started I had to go back to our house and just sleep. I passed out all day. Literally all day I slept. Friday night I threw up for the first time in ages. It was terrible. I didn't sleep well Friday night. Saturday I woke up and was still sick, just really tired and weak. I was able to make it to several lessons throughout the day, and in between lessons we just came back to the house and I slept. It's pretty terrible to be sick on a mission. You can't do anything to get better quicker, but you feel super guilty just laying around doing nothing. It is the worst. Mostly I just think about how much I want Mom to be there to take care of me. Haha.

Sunday (yesterday) I was still pretty wiped out, but able to go to church, then go do some lessons, etc. Today (P-Day) is the last P-Day for Elder Porter. He's hosting a mission wide 3 on 3 bball tournament in Papeete and I was sooooo excited to play, but now I am way too wiped out from this weekend of being sick to play. Bummer. I have little energy and probably lost a ton of weight and I don't feel that great, but life goes on, right?

Voilà la semaine. Good news, the zone is picking up! Every sector has baptisms that should happen before the end of August. Also, we had 9 amis who came to church yesterday! The members brought some new people who we are going to start teaching this week. Blessings! Keep praying for me, I need it! Miss and love you all, thanks for the emails!

à lundi prochain,

Elder Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment