Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Rain

Family,
This past week was difficult again. It's like the Lord is raising the level of difficulty with each week and not letting me get comfortable. I think of it like a video game. Each week is a level and the following week is always more challenging. Hopefully after this week I will beat the game. 
Anyways, last week it rained harder than I have ever seen in my life. And it lasted for a long time. One of the little fields between the houses turned into a lake. We named it Moses Lake. Haha. The week was challenging because it rained so much. That meant no basketball on Monday and Wednesday, like normal. 
My thoughts this week have been all over the place. Besides not being able to exercise, I did okay most of the week. When I look back at the first week I was here to now, nothing has changed externally, but I am much more patient/go with the flow. Also, this week I started feeling more comfortable in French. I am getting close to the end of the Book of Mormon in French. I have been reading about 15 pages out loud every day. By the end, I should be fluent. At least, that's the promise President Hinckley gave the missionaries a long time ago. If a missionary reads the Book of Mormon out loud in his mission language, he will be fluent by the end. After the French, I am going to read it in Tahitian. 
Anyways, I really enjoyed reading 3 Nephi this week. In chapter 11 the Lord says become like little children. I feel like a little child here. I don't really understand much and I just submit to the will of my companion. Haha. I've had the feeling repeatedly that the Lord is really preparing me for something. I don't know what, or why. I just have to trust in faith. 
I got your Christmas package! Yesterday our branch president came back from Tahiti (for the weekend he was there). He brought mosquito spray and some letters from you! I got the ones you sent on October 27 or 28 and the one after that. Also I got the letter from Cara that she wrote around Halloween!  My favorite letter was Cara's to be honest. She said sometimes its hard for her with the bike accident, and I realized I have nothing to complain about. She is an example for us all. I will keep her letter. It is a treasure to me.  I find out who my companion is on Wednesday and he will be here on Sunday.
Thanks for the letters. Prayers going to the whole family for health and safety. Thanks for fasting for me, I feel the strength everyday from you. I tried to fast yesterday but then our dinner appointment was at noon, so that was that. Oh well. The Lord will understand. Stay strong and safe.
With love,
Jonathan (Elder Barlow)

No comments:

Post a Comment