Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Trust God, Week 8 on Ahe



Dear family,
Thank you so much for the prayers and fasts, the advice and the worries. Also thank you for the emails with all the advice and love. I teared up a lot this morning reading them!
This past week was so much better. We stayed at our own house and did our studies each morning, even our companionship study! Even though it was only about 10 minutes of comp study, it helped a lot. We also taught 22 or 23 lessons and I learned to do some fun stuff from Elder Gruhn, like make taffy candies from coconuts! Also, the Lord continues to provide food for me. There's always something that pops up to eat. I can't wait for the day when I can go to the store where there is bread and fruit for sell. Here there is only crackers and powdered milk. 
Also, the mission said they sent bug spray! I am anxiously awaiting it. I ran out of my own probably halfway through October. That being said, the mosquitoes bite me less because my skin is tan and tough now. But I still get lots of bites on my feet. 
Please keep praying for me. And stay safe. Etc. I hope you all are doing well. Is it Thanksgiving this week? They don't celebrate it here. A scripture I really liked this week is Alma 38:5. In French, the gyst of it is that however much you trust God, he will bless you with the same measure. In French it is quite elegant, I don't know about the English. Haha

Elder Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment