Tuesday, January 26, 2016

5 months already... Letter from January 18th

So I've been on a mission for 5 months already... That passes quickly. This letter will be short. We have a family night in a little bit at a member's house. Anyways, the week was fine. I had my first baptism of my misison on Saturday! It was a 16 year old girl named P. The baptism was excellent. Our Bishop baptized her and I gave a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost.Sunday I taught our Gospel Doctrine class. My comp. told me I was teaching it about 20 minutes before church. God must have helped me a lot, because it was a pretty good lesson, and in French no less. 

Today was a great day. I started cleaning the whole house, and I have inspired my zone leaders to clean too! So we deep cleaned everything, including the refrigerator and mopping the floors. Yes! That was an improvement. Then we went to the mission office to drop something off, and I got some letters and I heard Ethan put in his papers! Make sure to tell me right away when he gets his call! (I'm secretly praying for Tahiti, even though I know the chances are slim... hahaha). Keep me in your prayers! I love you all so much! Our family is so special and I love every one of you and miss you tons and can't wait to see you again and be together for eternity! 

Tahiti is alright, there were a few more mosquitoes around this week. But nothing like Ahe. So I am counting my blessings. I'm trying to be more positive, sometimes I get down in my thoughts. I know the Lord is blessing me and sounds like he is blessing you all too. The gift of tongues is real, I really feel comfortable now in French. The Tahitian will come bit by bit, I try and study everyday but it's been hard to get a regular study schedule lately. But hey, if I do my best, I can rely on the Lord to give me the gift of tongues.

Love you all, gotta go!

Love Elder Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment